Perfecting Your Pitch
SCIENCE OF SUCCESS
PERFECTING YOUR PITCH
Using this Template: This guide has been designed to help anyone in any industry develop a fast, effective elevator pitch. Although you will alter and change up this pitch from time to time, it is a good habit to write it down and go over it in front of friends or colleagues.
Practicing in front of a mirror can help you know how to use your hands, facial expressions, and tonality to be even more persuasive or entertaining. For tips and suggestions on developing more influential posture, tonality, & body language, navigate to jamespesch.com & send me a message, this is one reason I conduct Corporate Seminars & Workshops.
Life Coach | My Pitch
“You know, some people don’t need someone like me, however, most people can remember a time or at least relate to the awful frustration of being stuck in a rut. That rut for you might be a
- Substance Abuse issue,
- Past Emotional Trauma, or even some
- Limiting or Negative Belief about Oneself.
No matter what, I rapidly connect You with the Best Version of Yourself in order to help bust out of that rut and find the joy on the other side.
I do this through
- Corporate Workshops & Seminars,
- One on One Life Coaching, &
- Public Speaking
using NLP & Hypnosis with powerful demonstrations in real time. Maybe you know of a group or organization who needs dynamic speakers, maybe you know someone or ARE someone who could benefit from this type of service; If what I do isn’t for you, or someone you love, then I’m happy to just be your friend. Let’s get together and chat.”
LinkedIn Strategist | Email Template
My name is _____________________ and I recently came across your podcast, _____________, and was intrigued by your message. I particularly loved your recent episode about _____________.
Your message and platform resonate very deeply with me as I can see so much of myself in your story and the stories of your podcast guests.
The reason I am reaching out is because I think my audience could benefit from an introduction to your content. Therefore, I would love the opportunity to have a conversation about which path would be best to make that happen in a way that is mutually beneficial. Whether that is being a guest on your podcast or if you have another process, either way, it might make sense to have a chat.
Why should we have a conversation?
As a guest, I feel I could add the most value by sharing my journey from a sideliner to becoming an influential female entrepreneur and speaker, and this is what I help others do by teaching them how to STAND OUT instead of just SHOW UP.
What does my audience say about me?
“What I learned in three hours with Debbie was more than I received in three full days of LinkedIn training with other “trainers.” – Attendee
By working with me, I believe we can mutually benefit. I would like to help you gain exposure for your podcast and brand, and your podcast will help me gain even more credibility in my own personal brand:
- Firstly, I promise to personally distribute your podcast and our episode out to my 15,000+ network, email list, & social media platforms including LinkedIn & Facebook.
- My Coach, James Pesch, is willing to share the content with his 20,000+ network.
- I am happy to post an authentic, glowing review of what I love about your podcast and the episode.
- If interested, a FREE copy of my “CONTENT THAT CONVERTS INTO CASH” Course as a giveaway to 2 of your listeners which provides 30 DAYS of CONTENT prompts for those sick of being dismissed, overlooked, or rejected and who are ready to take control & become a powerful influencer.
- For your convenience, I am including a link with information about the Course for you and the giveaway Course for 2 of your listeners: _________________________________
I am excited to work with you and look forward to your response. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a good time to talk, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Step 1: Use Buffering Statements | Gain and Build Trust
Use Buffering Statements. Buffering statements are used most often when delivering bad news, but “buffering” means to soften or mitigate an upcoming idea, statement, or delivery that you need to be communicated. Using buffering statements makes it easy to be over-the-top in your delivery because you have already mitigated the coming information by downplaying the intensity and by also sparking curiosity.
By Adopting and applying some of the following statements to your Pitch, you are playing on human psychology, and watch how rapidly you spark curiosity and gain trust in you and your product, but use sparingly and try not to be too self-deprecating.
- Some People don’t need my product
- This may bore some of you
- I’m sure nobody here will be interested
- Nobody here is dissatisfied with their current product I’m sure. . .
Step 2: Appeal to Emotions | Be Remembered
To connect your audience to the painful problems you solve, don’t learn the ins and outs of how your products or services work, (you should, but) if you are good at what you do, nobody cares how you do it. Instead of “WOW-ing” everyone with your industry knowledge which is actually putting everyone to sleep, use vivid Imagery, Analogies, &/or Metaphor to help others connect personally to your product or service. Bring in emotions and language to activate the emotional parts of your audience’s brains.
- Metaphors & Imagery
- Stuck in a rut
- Fed up with
- Caught in a bind
- Fish out of Water
- Sitting Duck
- Climbing out of
- Soaring above
- Sick & Tired
Step 3: Book More Prospects | Be Specific
- Be Specific. People need to be told what to do with this information. First, simplify & articulate what you do in one sentence. As a Business & Life Coach, I can in no way explain how I can get such phenomenal results in such little time. That is not what people want to hear anyway. I rapidly connect people to the best version of themselves. That seems specific and vague, that is intentional, practice with your own profession.
- My service rapidly connects people to the best version of themselves
- Our Products rescue those who are sick of. . .
- We solve that problem by simplifying the process. . .
- I help fix problems like _________________ by stepping in and. . .
- We reduce that stress by creating a specific plan. . .
- Be Specific Concerning Services, people want to know what to expect, but not How you do it or What you know that they don’t. Nobody likes a “Know it All,” but everyone loves someone who can solve their problem.
- Corporate Workshops
- One on One Life Coaching
- Public Speaking
- Hands on
- Hands off
- Be Specific Concerning Action Steps, People won’t come up with their own plan for what to do with your presentation if you don’t tell them what you need them to do, they are not mind readers and will do nothing, so be specific.
- Let’s grab coffee.
- Connect me via email with the heads of HR Departments.
- Call me & let’s set up a FREE Consult.
- Send me your current rates and let me run some numbers. . .
- If you’ll send a group text with an introduction. . .
- Rotary Clubs, Chamber Events, or even non-profit Groups are often looking for speakers, maybe you know someone. . .
- Send me a Social Media message. . .
- Shoot me an email with _____________ in the subject line
- If you know someone considering buying, include me in a chat, email, or text. . .
- Go to my site and subscribe to the newsletter
JAMES PESCH WELCOMES YOU BACK!
KEYNOTE SPEAKER | BUSINESS COACH | CORPORATE TRAINER | SALES TRAINER | HUMAN PERSUASION EXPERT | LINGUIST | NEUROLINGUISTIC PROGRAMMER (NLP) EXPERT | HUMAN BEHAVIOR EXPERT | TUTOR | LIFE COACH | DECEPTION DETECTION TRAINER | HR & PERSONNEL COMMUNICATION ANALYST | TULSA BUSINESS CONSULTANT | TULSA BUSINESS MASTERY EXPERT | TULSA’S MOST ENTERTAINING SPEAKER | EDUCATIONAL INSTRUCTOR | TULSA BUSINESS COACH | EXECUTIVE CONSULTANT | BODY LANGUAGE, POSTURE, & MICROEXPRESSION COACH
James is a Human Behavioral Specialist living in Tulsa, who is skilled in Linguistics, NLP, Mentalism, & Counseling, creating content so YOU WILL “Be your own HERO.” -James Pesch
The PATREON PAGE…………………………► https://www.patreon.com/jamespesch
The Website…………………………► https://www.jamespesch.com
YOUR SUPPORT MEANS EVERYTHING!