Fishing for an Audience Part I of II
SCIENCE OF SUCCESS
FISHING FOR AN AUDIENCE
Part i of ii
Where are they? The crowd that needs your message is who I am referring to and why you are reading this article.
They are out there.
Hungry and hunting what you are sharing and yet you may never find them. Why? Why won’t your audience hear you? Because YOU have to be a fisherman or woman; you are the architect of your future.
Now, you might be feeling a bit uneasy about the direction this is headed, however, I am about to give you an easy, no-nonsense method to honing in on your target audience.
How will you find them?
Simple. FISHING. We are social creatures who like to be courted, pandered to, catered to, and wined & dined. Your message has to have that element built into it & then, once you have the right bait, you need to be fishing in the right pond. This is going to be easy, fishing is ALWAYS fun as long as you follow a guide.
You have a great product or message and now it’s time to tell the world! Or is it? I wrote a book last year, it was EXACTLY what I teach now, except I wrote it as a “pulling back the curtain,” on our mind’s irrational response to social compliance, placebo, cognitive dissonance, and Linguistics. The book was a flop. Nobody wanted it except a few friends who were being kind. Why didn’t anyone want to know how humans influence one another? Bad bait.
Decide how many you’d like to eat – How many fish do you need to catch today?
Bait – What’s the main tagline, headline, or catchphrase that is going to be “flashy?!” (James Pesch – Be Your Own Hero; Don’t get Caught, call Hannah Scott, Stanley Steamer gets your home Cleaner)
- Once we have decided on a bait, we have to stick with it for awhile and try it in several different ponds, and on several different types of “fish.”
Find your Water – Are you a fly fisherman, deep sea, pond, lake?
- Deep Sea – Flashy, expensive equipment needed, many hours dedicated to big events and lots of money, these fish only get caught by those willing to spend the money, travel to events far from the coast, and hire guides to get them close to the big fish.
- Fly fishing – You wade into the water with the fish you are seeking out, you get in there and see what types of insects are on the water, what they are biting on, and you use a technique that seems to get the fishes attention. Bait is inexpensive and relies on your techniques and know where to cast, what times, and how often.
- Ponds & Lakes – There are some spots you drop a bobber, a trot line, or an anchored baited hook and you leave it to see what finds it while you continue to cast and reel with a spinner bait.
Which fish are you after
- Perch – travel in schools, strike fast, but can’t eat much and disappear quickly
- Catfish – These bottom feeders are deceptively cunning & occasionally provide a HUGE payoff, but they will sit there and nibble on your bait for hours. Often, the attention you give them keeps you from the other fish who want to bite now.
- Bass – Hard to locate, travel in small circles of more bass, strike fast and will feed you for days
- Everyday, you must fish.
Now, this seems nice and neat in a fun little metaphor, but analogies only serve a purpose if they paint a very vivid and clear path to success. Now, we must make this metaphor applicable and EASY.
DEVELOP a GOAL
Decide, now, how much you want to eat and how much you’d like to give away. How many clients do you need to sign today, this week, or this month? Some people like to view their fishing trips in an hour by hour format, while others want to see it as a whole experience, no matter how you analyze and compartmentalize the outcome, you must commit now to an exact number. I need to make $6,000.00 every month, $1500/week, $214.29/day, $21.43/hour 10 hrs/day; I don’t want to work 10 hours a day so I adjust my hourly rate accordingly; Now, I don’t care how many fish it takes to get there, that is what I need. I don’t even start to think about stopping fishing until I am on pace to do that, but it is hard to talk yourself into fishing if you aren’t sure how hungry you are. How hungry are you? Write down exactly how many clients, how many sales, or how much income you need to know you are successful, now.
TO BE CONTINUED. . .
JAMES PESCH WELCOMES YOU BACK!
KEYNOTE SPEAKER | BUSINESS COACH | CORPORATE TRAINER | SALES TRAINER | HUMAN PERSUASION EXPERT | LINGUIST | NEUROLINGUISTIC PROGRAMMER (NLP) EXPERT | HUMAN BEHAVIOR EXPERT | TUTOR | LIFE COACH | DECEPTION TRAINER | HR & PERSONNEL COMMUNICATION ANALYST | TULSA BUSINESS CONSULTANT | TULSA SPEAKER
James is a Human Behavioral Specialist skilled in Linguistics, NLP, Mentalism, & Psychology creating content so YOU WILL “Be your own HERO.” -James Pesch
The PATREON PAGE…………………………► https://www.patreon.com/jamespesch
The Website…………………………► https://jamespesch.com
YOUR SUPPORT MEANS EVERYTHING!